Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long does it take the Nuva Ring to work after insertion?

It was about 3 or 4 days after I'd inserted the Nuva Ring that I had sex. Apparently, the condom which I was using got hooked on the ring, came off and got stuck inside me. It was only after a few seconds that I realized there was no condom being worn, and I proceeded to panic a bit, and reach up and pull out the "used" condom. My fear comes from the possibility that I might be pregnant because there was a condom containing sperm inside me, AND I was having sex, briefly, but still, with a Nuva Ring I started using for the first time ever only a few days prior. So, my questions would be things along the line of:

-How long does it take the Nuva Ring to work? (I know this depends on my cycle, so if this helps, it was inserted two days after I finished my period).
    -It it likely that I'm pregnant? (from the condom inside me or the newly inserted ring)

-And is this an opinion from anyone? Or do you have some sort of medical/gynecological/contraceptive background?
    ** also, I just took out the Nuva Ring (on my scheduled day) and that was two days ago. But I still haven't gotten my period yet, and I'm due to have it on Tuesday! Does this mean I'm either late, pregnant, or possibly (hopefully) just not going to have my period at all?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the packaging states that it takes 7 days before the ring is considered effective and you're supposed to use a 2nd form of birth control of abstain from sex during those first 7 days. With my ring I would usually start bleeding on the 3rd day out but to be on the safe side I would take a home pregnancy test as you may be pregnant from the sperm that was in the condom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    go see a doctor.