Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to heal an open blister?

I just played 5 basketball games in one day, yesterday. Each games was about an 1 hour or more. Today I have another one at 4:00. Yesterday, I took my sock off and saw an half open blister, half was peeled off, the other half was still on. Right now, it's in the same condition. What should I do to it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tea tree oil and aloe vera gel - clears em up straight away

Lavender essential oil is believed to regenerate skin cells. Apply a few drops directly on the blister, and then cover with an adhesive bandage. Do 2 or 3 times a day, until the blister is healed.

Put a cool washcloth on the area to help relieve pain, itching or discomfort.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put a bandaid over it and change it daily. The open, raw area needs protection while it heals and the skin becomes more tough. You can peel off the loose skin after a couple of days when the skin beneath it has had an opportunity to toughen up. Peeling it off too soon will just leave you with a raw, sore spot. Applying some antibiotic ointment over the blister sometimes soothes the burning sensation.