my psychiatrist says i have schizoid personality. i read the "symptoms" and it says someone with schizoid avoids social attachments, has narrow interests, likes to be alone, is asexual(does not like romance etc., and is emotionally "cold". i fit all of the characteristics but i dont understand about the being "cold" bit. my psych dr. said that i get angry or upset when i feel uncomfortable around people sometimes, if they do something i dont understand or i dont like. he thinks i am also emotionally restricted sometimes and dont express myself like i should ("low affect"). if i get angry or upset sometimes, doesnt that mean im not emotionally cold? or can a schizoid have "low affect" and get upset depending on what is happening? i guess i am sort of flat when im talking with ppl sometimes, (i usually dont use my hands or face to express myself, i use my voice to express what im thinking) but then if i feel pissed about something they said i will get really upset or pissed off. is that what it means? sometimes i have "paranoid" feelings about what someone is going to do. i know that schizoid is not the same as schizophrenia. i also have a tendency to write letters to people when im angry about something they said. my psych dr. probably has 10 letters from me. Is letter-writing common with schizoids? sometimes i think i have borderline traits too, because the one friend i do have hardly calls me anymore and i sometimes thinks she doesnt care and i send nasty emails if she doesnt call or write for awhile.
i've looked up paranoid personality and i seem to have a few traits of that too. could my psych. dr. have considered the other ones too?

what if i dont have a personality disorder-maybe theres is someone who really does have it, but how does he know its me? i suppose it doesnt help that i've been in the psych ward a few times, so the dr. has built up a record of my behavior.