Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you make it through tough times?

I am a freshmen in college. My courses are difficult to say the least and I am facing a lot of stress. I am overwhelmed. A lot of my friendships from high school are no more, and I can't really talk to many people. I can not talk to my parents. The very few friends I have are busy and school work etc. I am basically on my own. I tried to talk to my adviser, but she has no mercy, which is understandable. She says that you just have to man up and stop complaining. There are many distractions, fear of low scores, the standards that my parents set. It is a lot of pressure. And sometimes I tell myself, just stop thinking and run to the library and do things. But then I think... I try to reason, to make myself go, but my body never listens. I understand basically, who would want to face a lot of pressure, pain instead of just watching t.v.? But I have to be a man you know. I just turned 18 over the summer and all of these things hit me at the same time. It's saying, when it rains, it pours... Have you been in this position before? How do you come out of it? How do you make yourself face hard times? The thing is that I am going to pay for the actions up to now. But I don't want to make it any worse and create more consequences for myself in the future? Any advice? Help? Suggestions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    take a break even if it feels like you dont have time, and write, thats what i do and it really helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    take a break even if it feels like you dont have time, and write, thats what i do and it really helps.