Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member Powerpuffcutie24™'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you know if your tonsils have grown back or not?

I had my tonsils taken out like 10 years ago when I was about 6. I know it is possible that they can grow back and I was thinking that mine probably have. My throat has been sore alot sometimes to the point where I can't talk and my eyes water. Its sore now but not severe. Mucus keeps coming up and throughout the day its been hard to talk at times. This has just been occuring I'd say in the last 6 months. Prior to then I rarely ever had problems with my throat. What could be the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was younger I got my tonsils out and when I would get a sore throat I'd complain that I shouldn't get a sore throat because I had my tonsils removed. Not the case, you're throat can still get irritated and you can still get things like strep throat. If you've had a sore throat for 6 months you should definitely go to the doctor and get them to take a look at it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never heard of tonsils growing back after they've been removed. Just because you had your tonsils out doesn't mean you can't get throat infections and strep. You obviously just have had a series of throat infections. If you haven't already gone to the doctor you should go and have it checked out. Since it hasn't cleared on it's own, you may need antibiotics.

JJ B
    tonsils can't grow back. it's probably allergies

virgil
    I don't think tonsils grow back. If they do you should keep them because they are an important part of the body.

SoBe
    No!Tonsils,no! They don't grow back!! They are out of your body! You probably have a throat infection. I have mine out last month, and the doctor said TONSILS NEVER GROW BACK SO I WONT HAVE TO EVER SEE YOU AFTER THIS.