Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do you know if the doctor crossed the line?

My 3 year old son was at (a new ) pediatrician today for a throat infection...after checking throat, dr. procedded to ask me if he was circumscised, and (my son was standing in a chair, ) and dr. pulled down his pants and did something then turned and said where are his testis? then said oh he is so chubby cant see them, but, my son is skinny, he pulled back up his pants then set him on examining table. pulled his pants back down and felt around, felt around again, then again then turned to me and said "oh, he retracted them, when men go to fight mode they retract.".. (didnt make sense,my son was perfectly relaxed.) then felt around again twice maybe three times , at this point I got uncomfortable and he felt around again and my son gigled and the doctor laughed and turned to me smiling while feleling around and said something to me I dont know what at this point I got nauseaus and At this point doc begin to pull up my sons pants then quickly he decided to pull them down again at the same instant I got up from chair , as I approched in what seemed like slow motion, just two steps away I was, when I got to the table I put my arm around my son( to pick him up and the doc, as if I where not reacting, begin to turn him over to examine his bottom and I proceed and cradled him and pick him up , as I begin picking him up doc is still acting as if he wants to turn him over, all motion mine and his was calm and then I pulled my son close to me, headed for the door, as I reached for the knob(for some reason I felt I would not be allowed to leave) I heard the doctor say "but I have to check him" and I coulnt look him in the face I turned slightly and said no this is too much or taking too long I meant lingering and I left shaking and scared and crying. now my question is not did I overreact because I did what my instinct told me right or wrong, but my question is did he cross the line. was he fondling my child? or , is this a routine thing dr. do. this is my only boy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 boys and I've never had a doctor do this. Change doctors. NOW! I don't think you overreacted. I would have done the same thing. And with my mouth would have probably told him off. You could file a complaint with the Medical Board in your county/state or where ever you are against him. Examining him like that just isn't right for what he was in there for. The only time the doctor has even looked at my children down there was if they had a rash that wouldn't go away with regular creams or it was that one regular visit every year or so and even then it wasn't so....thorough like that. Certainly not for a throat infection.