I had anaphylaxis shock a few weeks back, put me in the hospital for week, 4 of the days I was intubated. I barely made it to the ER. Just had moments to spare. I went today and was tested for foods NO allergy's there. The testing in the hospital showed it was not hereditary. So basically we believe it was from Aspirin. I have had "thought" I may be allergic to it in the past from lip swelling, so I pretty much cut out aspirin. I made a HUGE mistake and took some Alka Seltzer Cold Plus medicine because I felt sick. I did not know Aspirin was in it. Then I went into my tongue swelling and throat shutting close. I will never make the mistake of not reading labels again.
My question to you is how do you go on? Do you live in fear ? I am afraid. I am so afraid it will happen again. Now I have a baggy in my purse with Epipen, Liquid Benadryl and Liquid Predisizone. I know I will have to use these things in future and the allergist said those things can save my life.
I am grateful I made it through. I am in early 40's have 2 sons, husband, it was quite a scare.
Now what do I do? How do you live with yours?

How long did it take you to recover from your shock ?