We have been dating for 4 years now. We started making arrangements to get married. My Mom used to tell me I am of the "AS" genotype. I guess my Mom assumed so. My boyfriend forced me to go and get my complete medical report. He already produced his own, before we started dating. He is of the "AS" genotype. I did my medical test twice, and the result shows that I am also of the "AS" genotype, contrary to what my Mom assumed.

The issue now, is that My boyfriend and I are of the "AS" genotype. From the study of heredity in college, I was made to understand that if two people of "AS" genotypes get married, they stand the chance of bearing a "SS" genotype baby (sickle cell baby).

My Mom had advised that we break up, if there is no way of avoiding having the sickle cell baby. My boyfriend and I would like to have at least a baby. My boyfriend and I love each other so much. I can't just imagine me, breaking up with a guy with whom i grew up for 4 years. He can't just leave me alone. We are life to each other.

We love to get married, and have at least a baby. Please, how can we get married with this "AS" genotypes, and not have the "SS" genotype baby (sickle cell baby). Please I need a way out fast. My heart is bleeding as I am asking this question. This is my true life story, what is actually happening to me now. I need answers as fast as possible please!

Aside breaking up advice, what other feasible options do we have? Please I need as many options as possible. Please!