I'm going to see a dermatologist about this next week, but wanted to check beforehand if anyone could suggest therapies to ask her about. I am 24, and have been noticing rosacea slightly coming in for the last 2 years or so. It runs in my family, so I immediately knew what it was and have adapted my skin care to avoid exacerbating it (by using Bare Minerals makeup, Cetaphil face wash, Retin-A to control acne, etc). Everything has been all & well until about a month ago, when I ran out of Retin-A and had a huge flareup which hasn't gone away and also effects my eyes. This has been really disappointing and upsetting for me because I was so sure that I had my symptoms under control, but apparently not. Of course I will ask the doctor for a new Retin-A prescription, but I am interested in a more long term solution.

Anyway, the redness and flushing on my cheeks is noticeable but not really bad (its more pink than red), but is there any kind of treatment which is able to treat these mild symptoms or prevent them from worsening? I have been doing a lot of internet research and I'm really interested in lasers but worried that they are more commonly used to repair serious damage, not prevention.

Does anyone have advice on therapies which have worked to keep rosacea at bay? Or insight into laser treatment for mild redness? I'm worried that even if I do try the laser, it won't be cost effective because my problems aren't that bad (yet).

Thank you!