Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I postpone or delay my monthly cycle?

I just booked an emergency flight back to the US. I will be traveling alone with my two toddlers. It is a 24 hour flight. The plane leaves the morning I'm going to start my monthly cycle. In this part of the world, the birth control that stops a woman's monthly cycle is not available. I currently use the old fashion style birth control pills. That's all I can get here. Is there anything I can do to delay the start of my menstural cycle? I know it's a long shot but I'm desperate. The first day of my cycle is the worst! I'm moody, cranky, in pain, and often I bleed through. I have one week to figure this out. Thanks for your suggestions and please no sarcastic answers. Thanx.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmm i dont know theres probably a certain pill
    but i can delay my period but its by being in water.
    because i went to a water park and my period started
    but it doesnt come out in water so thats how i delay mine.
    but i wouldnt try that because you might bleed heavier than others. so maybe a bill would work. i like the 1st girls answer about the 3 day tablet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Heya

This is a common request when menstruation threatens to spoil one's best-laid plans.

Norethisterone is a progestogen hormone in tablet form, which is taken three times a day for three days before your period is due and then for duration of your holiday to delay the period.

At the end of this time, the tablets are stopped and your period starts as normal. It is available on NHS prescription from your GP.

But i would say only use the above if you are totally 100% desperate, advoid it at all costs, unless you really do need to stop your period.

Hope i helped - Enjoy your flight!
    xx