I'm 18 years old, and going to college. Lately for a long period of time, I've been feeling down. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to and that I do things just to get by. I remember at a point I was able to say that I enjoy life, I loved life, and I appreciated everything about it. Now, I won't say that I'm depressed, but I'm often feel sad. It's not that I don't have a life. I do go out a lot, and I see a lot of people. I don't have a boyfriend because it's a waste of my time, and I'm young. School is important, but I find myself slacking. I want to improve. Theres so many things I want to do. I want to lose weight, and get in shape (I'm not overweight, I just want to lose 10 lbs or so), I want to be more active, I want to get a job (should be very soon) and I want to do good in school. I need to set my priorities straight. And even though I know the right from the wrong, I don't have any self control when things come up and I want to hang out. My parents are strict.

I want to be my own person. I want to be able to make my own decisions. My parents think I should wait till marriage to have any type of relationship with a guy. It's not even a problem to me but they don't like some of my friends, and have a problem with any guy being in my life. I just want to be my own person. I want to change into a better person.