I am 22 years old, visiting my family for 2 weeks. Everytime I come home to visit, I see that this problem has progressed worse and worse. My sister is 16 years old. She tends to be very pessimistic. Its always "that person is a bi***" and "i dont like her" and "thats so stupid." She is very easy to upset, and quick to jump on the defense even when she is obviously wrong. I know one person may say that she is hormonal and every 16 year old is like this, but she is a rare case of bad energy. We come from a good, loving family. I think the problem stems from her friends. She was always running with the "popular crowd" in middle school, and now that she is in high school, they all have boyfriends while she doesnt, and to an extent "exclude" her. I think it is her bad attitude that is wearing on her friends though. She always has a problem with at least one girl in their group and tries to rally people against that person with her. She is a little overweight compared to her stick thin friends, and I think this is a body image factor as well. Either way, it comes down to my question being...Things are getting ridiculous and everyone in my family walks on egg shells around her. We listen to her vent about her friends, but you cant point out to her where she may be in the wrong without a huugggeee fight exploding. How do you get in the head of a 16 year old to help her become a more enjoyable person to be around?