when shes resistant 4 help? My Mom is a 73 year old Diabetic with a severe back injury which happen over 1 year ago, to realize she needs to help herself. She can hardly walk around our house without moaning in pain every step she takes on some days. She is about 5 feet tall and maybe allmost 300 lbs. Also she will not follow any kind of Diabetic diet. My sister works in her Doctors office and helps her medically always. She's on pain medication for her back but refuses to go for more help or treatment for her back. Also she been a house wife her whole life and has always been very active, but now she is in a self pity mood always and makes so many excuses not to try, or when we aproach her about her over weight, she starts to cry and makes us feel like we're picking on her, when re try so hard to be sweet and make her understand we love her and only want what's best for her. Now she spends so much time in a recliner chair all day. Her excuse always is she has nothing to live for or hasn't much time, so why can't she enjoy the food she wants to eat, tells everyone to leave her alone, even my Dad. Please give me some advice or help on how we can make her feel better and want to help herself. I love her with all my heart and I do everything I can for her, but I feel helpless to see her getting worse and worse.