Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I deal with my girlfriend's weight gain?

We have been dating for about 8 moths now. She was super petite (but not at all scary skinny) when I first met her. She does theater (as do I), so I assumed keeping in shape was important to her. We were in a show together and was instanly smitten with her because she is sweet and very pretty. We started dating shortly after practices began. After the show was through and she had moved in with me, I noticed her appetite begin to slowly increase. She ate a lot more chocolate and tempting foods. After about a month, her increased intake became a bit noticeable. I wasn't too worried, because I figured she was just relaxing and resting before her next gig.
    Well, naturally, she got a little out of control with her eating. I was happy at least because I knew she was happy and she was actually enjoying the food, albeit maybe too much. Fairly soon she was a good 30 lbs heavier and it was very apparent. Now, as I mentioned before she was quite petite. Well, somehow her new weight showed on her very obviously. Her bottom got very, very round and large, she developed a slight double chin and chubbier cheecks, and the rest of her fattened up quite a bit. She carries the weight in a way that is fairly attractive to me, but the way she dresses is different. I worry because she dresses in clothes that were made for a very petite woman. Her butt looks absolutely ginormous when she wears her old jeans (which were actually three sizes too big at one time). It's a wonder she fits into them, and even though she does it looks ridiculous.

From a food standpoint, I think her main problem is chocolate. She has always loved it (as do I), but she just cannot control herself anymore. I baked a fudge chocolate cake for a friend of mine once and I told her not to touch it. The next morning I found the cake half-eaten.

Every time I go to say something, I realize how much she is really enjoying herself and decide to leave her be. But I fear for the future.
    Her mother and (especially) father are both overweight. Therefore, I don't think her genes are working for her. She's still cute and gorgeous in my eyes, but frankly I am worried for her health and her career. What should I do?

I try my best to keep healthy foods around but she always find the junk food that I hide. Personally, I love exercising and am in pretty good shape. I try to get her to come with me on runs, but she likes to stay in bed and watch television.
    I love this girl with all my heart. I want to see her happy and healthy for a long, long time.

Unregistered
    Sounds like it's time to find a new (skinny) girlfriend, because she's never going back to her old size, no matter what you do. Good luck