silica dust? I deeply inhaled significant amounts of silica dust and now have a tight chest and wheezing noise/cough/ when I exhale which hasn't gone away for 2 months.

After extensive research I have concluded that the only way to remove this from my lungs is a "whole-lung lavage", or eventually this will develop into silicosis and eventually fibrosis and possibly cancer.

This is a procedure where doctors completely fill/drain each lung with warm salty water (saline) to clean them out. However it is often reserved only for people with a medical record of lung illnesses and I haven't been to a doctor in many years. I am afraid they will refuse me this treatment when I tell them I was exposed to silica dust without years of experience working with it.

The exposure was due to contaminated tobacco and I am unable to contact the person who I received it from. A sample was sent to a laboratory which was confirmed to contain a large amount of fine silica dust, so small that the lungs cannot remove it through natural cleaning processes.

This is truly a matter of life and death and depends on advice. I am the only person who knows about this. I do not want to stress my family with this situation.