Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    isasmama01

How can herpes be contracted?

My husband has been in Japan since March of last year. He called me and told me that he had gone to the doctor and has something wrong with his pancreas and then he threw in the comment that he had herpes. I asked him how he got herpes and then he told me that I misunderstood him. He said that it was like herpes. I told him that the only thing like herpes, is herpes. I just would like to know if there is any other way to contract that disease besides sex.

Josh
    Oral Sex, Kissing

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes there are other ways... look it up online....
    you can get herpes anywhere on your body actually, and it is possible to say have been in contact with the virus on your hands and then touch your genital not knowing... it is less common though and more common to get it through sexual intercourse.. oh and the sex part.. you can contract many stds without actually having sex.. jsut touching the areas you can contract it. There are different types of herpes also.. For instance, mono (often associated with kissing) is a form of a herpes virus, yet you dont get it from having sex

Person
    An easy way to get herpes is through not using toilet seat cover protection when going to the bathroom.

aznflipgurl808
    i think its only by sexual interactions like oral contact.

Ana
    oral sex..