I'm in my final year of college and this term I have writer's capstone once a week for three hours with a prof that is a total b*tch, and I also have her for another class for an extra hour and a half the next day with only 10 minutes between. So, throughout our 4.5 hours of hell on Tuesday nights, the smokers in the class are able to talk her into giving them an extra break in there to smoke. It's a social thing and I've been joining them, having just one cigarette during break and maybe another after class. It really really chills us out and helps us all get through her asinine lectures. I know that no amount of smoking is good, but is this once a week thing just until the end of term (three months) that big of a deal? I enjoy the cigarette when I have one, but outside of this environment I feel no urge to smoke and I don't intend on making it a habit. I can't imagine that a person can get addicted off of a couple cigarettes a week. I mean, aren't we breathing more than that just in car fumes each day?