Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Kate M

Have I got thrush? (women only, please)?

It's 3.30am, I just got up to go to the toilet and after I'd finished peeing my vagina tract suddenly felt (and still feels) very sore. I can best describe the pain as a cross between "I feel like I should pee again, but I don't actually need to" and "I've just shoved a load of rusty nails up there.."

I've had this a couple of times in the last week although this morning's show has been the most painful. I've had quite thick, cream-coloured discharge and since Christmas I've been getting smelly, painless 'lumps' of the same colour coming up on my tonsils.

Thrush does come to mind. Although I'm not sure if my body is the ideal candidate for thrush bacteria to thrive on. I eat well, I don't include a lot of sugar in my diet and I have my pro-biotic yoghurts. My oral hygiene is good too.

What do you think?

jupyter_flew
    Whether or not it's thrush, I do believe you have some sort of infection going on. You will need to see your physician, please don't wait another four months to get in to see him/her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thrush is white shit you get in your mouth.

FeatherHead
    Whatever it is, you need to see a Dr...you've some kind of bacteria or infection and need medication....

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like it could be thrush, but it also sounds like you might also have a underlying infection from either having left it so long to treat the thrush, or the infection has caused the thrush.
    Thrush can be contracted in a number of ways and good diet and oral hygiene can only protect you so far.
    My advice would be to see the doctor ASAP.