I had a lateral release, bone shaving, and meniscus repair/shaving done to my left knee on June the 5th... this was done folllowing a reinjury to that knee which resulted in my knee giving away and causing several dislocations to my patella...

my competitive cheer season is to start in about a month and i was just cleared to slowly begin light cutting and twisting, however i am not allowed to run just yet nor am i allowed to jump or tumble or do heavy cutting or twisting... i go back to the doctor on the 8th and i do plan to ask him these questions as well...

but i was wondering if it would be too soon(3 months) post op to return to competitive sports?

or

if i should tell my coach that i will unfortunatly not be cheering this year, and instead work on getting my strength and flexibility back fully and prepare for a healthly season next year?

as much as i want to cheer this year i dont want to push my body when it may not be ready and wind up missing nationals again this year because of a reinjury(i did this last season following the inital knee injury-partial MCL tear- and wound up reinjuring my knee requiring the surgery)

thanks in advance