Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

A girl to girl question (guys dont look it's about something private!)?

O.k my question is I really want to shave my southern region, but my mom says I shouldn't because I'll get red bumps, and the hair will grow back thicker and darker. So can/should I shave my southern region? And what will happen if I do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    your "southern region* does not need to be shaved.....i asked my mom the same question and she said i sould cut it..

Downloads
    Uploads
    i wax so i don't get the red bumps. my boyfirend likes it better than me shaving and getting spikes. lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might get red bumps. The hair will grow back quickly yes, but not thicker. Use a good razor, band new Venus or something.....Dont press down too hard...and use hair conditioner as oppossed to a shaving cream. When you are done, lotion up and you should be ok. I keep shaved.. In my opinion its a little cleaner and way more comfortable.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I get the red bumps...but it wont grow back thicker or darker....give it a shot...see what happens. Nobody likes a 70s bush.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could just get it trimmed really short so it's barely noticeable. But if you want to shave down there then trim it first and put shaving cream down there and slowly and gently shave. There are products in stores (like walmart) that can reduce the red bumps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    nooo don't shave..for now just get a personal trimmer and trim that area. you won't get any red bumps or irritation like you would with shaving. they sell trimmers at cvs, walgreens, rite aid for like $10-$15. trust me, if u shave its going to itch a lottt and bother u. just trim and when u get older u can wax done professionally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I shave down there lightly. Yes the red bumps come but I usually wait til it grows out for a couple of days and shave it again. If I keep shaving it lightly after it's grown back slightly then the red bumps go away. It could be that that area down there is just getting used to being shaved so it doesn't get as irritated.

I think that you should do what you want to do. I HAVE to do it in the summer if I go swimming because it would be gross to wear a bikini with hair poking out. I don't shave near my vagina or anywhere near my labia or anything. Just the sides of thighs and the top part of where the hair starts. I don't suggest shaving too low. Experiment with it. You know how your body works. It varies with people. Like I said, with me the red bumps go away after a few times of letting it slightly grow back and then shaving lightly again with warm water and shaving cream/body wash. I do it in the shower. Good luck!