I went to a health department to get HIV test today. The result is negative, but I'm very concerned now. I know some people might throw bricks at me for saying this, but I'm so scared to get infected from the test. For those people who might think I have mental problem, please don't reply. I'm just a real person with real concerns. The place seemed so not well kept, and the nurse who took my blood looked really mad and angry. She told me to sit and I hesitated for a second and she said it again with a very hostile tone. She got a small finger prick device (already unwrapped) from a big drawer and pressed it against my finger. I heard a pop from the device and blood was out. Later I found out all they do in the office is HIV and other STD tests. There were 2 sick looking people got tested before me. I'm worried sick now that what if the nurse by accident reused a finger prick device. The chance of get infected will be very high since most people come for tests are at risk. I kept my eyes on her all the time and very sure that the device was not in any packaging. Shouldn't they be individually wrapped and opened right before the blood test in front of the patient? I know some prick devices are reusable and some are not. Are the ones that make the pop sounds reusable. Can someone reassure me that getting infected with this test is not possible. I need your understanding and support. Please help me to gain some peace of mind as I have children to take care of.

Oh i forgot to mention that I know people say needles are never reused. But in reality they are and if you search on the web, you'd find articles about clinics some are large ones and nurses do reuse needle. It makes me sick to my stomach to see things like this happen.