Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    vero

Eyes change color ove time?

The reason I'm asking is because my brother was born with dark brown eyes. As a teenager they changed to dark green. Also my sister had dark brown eyes and now she has light brown eyes. Is it possible that my eyes will change from dark brown to some other color?

Downloads
    Uploads
    sure, why not! masking is a common gene product. Sometimes genes are expressed, and then masked and other alleles are expressed.

Helga N
    Yes, it is possible. :-)

Eye color can change over time because of age or, unfortunately, disease.

Eye disease is a cause of color change. So, ask a doctor to examine your eyes if you notice a slow loss of color. The change could be due to Fuch’s heterochromic iridocyclitis, Horner’s Syndrome, and pigmentary glaucoma, says Brian DeBroff, ophthalmology professor at Yale University.

Aging, however, is the usual cause of color change over time. So, yes. Color can change as we age. It does so for 10 to 15% of the normal Caucasian population. These people’s eyes change slowly over many years after they reach adolescence.

Investigators considered Caucasians (non-East Asian, non-Native American, non-African) because only Caucasians commonly have lighter eyes.

"Some eyes become darker, but most become lighter with increasing age," says Richard A. Sturm, a Principal Research Fellow at the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.

And yes, hazel eyes do change color. Hazel eyes, as well as any lighter eyes, usually darken with age. Hazel eyes are light brown or yellowish brown.

Good Luck!

Hope I helped!

alex tu padre
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Downloads
    Uploads
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss