Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Experiencing what I think might be a neurological disturbance?

Towards the summer of 2007, I began experiencing abnormally frequent headaches. They are not concentrated in one specific area, but rather spread out in my head. They weren't very intense but they began to get more frequent. Then, in the beginning of the summer I started getting them every day. The intensity would range but wouldn't usually be mind-numbing. This carried on throughout the entire summer, so I wrote it off as working too much in the sun (I worked outside in a vineyard all summer). In September, the frequency of the headaches subsided substantially from what it was, however, I would still get them about 2 times a week on average. This is still true, however, recently, other strange things have popped up. I often find myself struggling to find the right words or losing my memory-something that has never happened to me before. I find this to be upsetting considering I am only 15 and this should not be happening to someone of my age.

Another thing that worries me is, about 3 weeks ago, I was sitting on my porch with two friends and all the sudden I got extremely dizzy and lightheaded. It felt like someone had grabbed my head and jerked it around. I momentarily became unaware of my surroundings and I fell over because of the shock. I got up and I had to lean up against the wall for 2 or 3 minutes until I was able to get up again. This concerned me greatly and I was kind of freaking out (who wouldn't be?). Anyway, every single day since then I have experienced the exact same thing. I tried to find a pattern in what I was doing when it happened, what time of day it was, how much I'd eaten or drank that day, how I felt, but I found nothing. It was completely random, once, I was at lunch, another time, I was in class, another, I was in gym, another, I was at home. I am going to make a neurologist appointment ASAP but I wanted to see if anyone had any answers or had experienced anything similar. Thank You

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you are making an appointment with a neurologist. That's very wise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you are making an appointment with a neurologist. That's very wise.