Hello.

In October 2009 I was placed in the hospital because I contracted H1N1 (Swine Flu) and then MRSA Pneumonia. My lungs stopped functioning properly so I had to be sedated, placed on a ventilator and feeding tube.

The dreams, visions, deliriums I had were so real it took me a long to realize it all was not true. In one dream I was 16 back at high school doing literature essays. I kept asking people to bring my biology book because I had to take a test. In another I thought my mother and grandmother were trying to get me out of the hospital and away from my husband. I interacted with the TV and thought I was on a game show. The medical records says I was "confused" but they did not elaborate on what I was confused about. I know I was in a medically-induced coma but even now I am confused about what was real, what was a dream or interacting with reality. I was in the hospital for one month, then a physical rehab hospital for one week. I went back to work about three weeks after that. I feel so extremely happy and blessed that I overcame this ordeal because MRSA Pneumonia is a killer. I want to use this experience as a way to deepen my connection to GOD. I would love for any one else to share their experiences after being in a medically-induced coma and coming out of it. Did you have a problem distinguishes reality from dreams, were you confused about details ? Please elaborate...Thanks, Stormy.