relationships. What do I do? I'm 24 (no kids) & the 1st birth control (BC) l I started taking was at 16, Depo-Provera aka "the shot". I was on this for 6 years. The shot is progestin only, whereas most other forms of BC are progestin/estrogen. Looking back at how I was when I was on it I was irritable, paranoid, anxious & sad but did lose weight. Being so young &going through puberty I never realized it was from the BC. My OB took me off the shot due to the risks-bone loss. 2 years ago I started trying pills & the estrogen made me sick to my stomach. Next was NuvaRing, it seemed to be ok but I gained weight, felt bloated, & cried all the time! I believe it ruined my last relationship. I dropped all BC at this point and have never felt happier, normal, calm, just myself!! During this time I got into a new relationship and my OB gave me the "mini pill" progestin only again. I don't get sick but now I'm sad/going crazy again. I love my bf and don't want to lose him but he may get upset if I get off BC. What do I do?

By the way, the patch made me sick too. I've tried it all.