Has anyone had (or know someone who has) endometrial ablation using Novasure procedure for cramps? The procedure is widely prescribed to help women with heavy menstrual flow. Since in many cases, the woman will not have a period after the procedure, no flow and no cramps. I just want to know if anyone has had the surgery for the primary symptom of cramps since the heavy bleeding is not really an issue for me on a monthly basis. (while it is heavy some months, that is not my main complaint)

I am 46 (still a few years shy of menopause) and have severe cramping that lasts 48-72 hours each month. Even extra strength Vicodin and muscle relaxers do not get rid of the pain. It is affecting my life - I have missed four days of work this year just for cramps and I am in dread the day I am supposed to start, finding myself avoiding making plans around that time of the month. I would rather not have a hysterectomy (tubes already tied, recovery time,etc.) so my gyn suggests the ablation procedure.

Please share your experiences, good and bad, recovery time, etc. Of course, I have discussed with my physician and have done some research myself, but I am looking for personal experiences. How will I feel the next day and two days later? If I have the surgery, should I be able to return to a desk job on Monday?

Thanks in advance!