My husband often says that the way I do things are stupid or that I just doesn't think about things. Or says that I, 125 pound (5'5" tall) need to start working out. (looking a little chunky, he thinks) He is an angry person. Everytime something breaks or makes him mad, he yells and cusses and most all the time throws things (not at me). He has never me. Has started not initiating sex b/c he thinks I should (he says he always inititiates). On the other hand when he wants to be, he is a sweet man. Can say the nicest things and make me feel real good (until he gets mad about something else and flys off the handle). He is a good man, with determination to become "somebody" and is not lazy so he will work as hard as he can to provide.
Do you think this is emotional abuse?
Married at 18. Married for 6 1/2 years. No kids.
To tell you the truth I am scared to bring up the subject with him

Do you think that someone can be emotionally abusive to their spouse and not realize it?
I feel like I am in an emotionally abusive relationship. I have considered leaving but am afraid that I might regret it after I do. You know sometimes I can pretend like I am so secure in myself and stand up for myself but I am truly insecure. I am scared that if I do leave, will I really be happier? I am a little scared to be by myself even though I know I probably need to be.