Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    LoveDepp<3

Elastics&Braces!?

Okay, So... I got my braces like around Oct 15th?(It might have been a couple days before, but whatevs...) 2007. So, I've had them like 3 months I guess, as it is now Jan 15th 2008. And today I got elastics to wear on my braces. They're just like, one on each side in a diagonal line, from front/top to back/bottom (I hope that made sense...)

And they hurt soo much, but I just had them tightened, so Im HOPING it'll go away. But Ive been surfing yahoo answers for like an hour, and have read that the pain is FROM the elastics... which sucks. Will that pain go away? (my first question)

my second Q: I also read that when you get elastics, your braces are coming off soon, which totally cant be true because I havent even had mine a year...not even half of a year!! What exactly does getting the elastics mean (time wise. I already know that they make your bite/jaw/whatever move)

3rd Q: They said to change them once a day, and not to take them off when I eat. Why?? thanks!!

Jess
    Yes the pain will go away. If you dont wear the elastics you have to wear head gear. And when you get elastics it doesnt mean your braces are coming off soon. I dont know why you have to change them once a day, but you CAN take them off when you eat because my friend has them and she is allowed to take them off when she eats