Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does this sound like a seizur or something else (violent shaking while consious)?

tonight my boyfriend and i were laying in bed watching tv. he had fallen asleap and i just turned over to get more comfortable and he woke up. he seemed a little disorented like he thought he needed to get up for work or something ( he does this all the time, wakes up and is a little confused like hes gunna be late for work or something) but then he suddenly started shaking realy bad bad enough for the whole bed to shake it lasted maybe 10 to 30 seconds im not sure it freeked me out so i dont know how long. and then after he stoped shaking he kept trying to go back to sleep and i kept asking if he was ok and he said yes and i asked him 3 or 4 times if he know what happend and he finaly said he was shaking but then he just rolled over and went to sleep. he was also all hot and sweaty like clammy all over. did he have a seizur or what was it. what do i do he probly wont go to a doctor. i thought you were unconsious during a seizur was it something else ?????????????

Downloads
    Uploads
    A seizure is usually defined as a sudden alteration of behavior due to a temporary change in the electrical functioning of the brain, in particular the outside rim of the brain called the cortex. Below you will find some of the symptoms people with epilepsy may experience before, during and after a seizure. Seizures can take on many different forms and seizures affect different people in different ways. It is not implied that every person with seizures will experience every symptom described below.

---Seizures have a beginning, middle, and end---
    When an individual is aware of the beginning, it may be thought of as a warning or aura. On the other hand, an individual may not be aware of the beginning and therefore have no warning.

Sometimes, the warning or aura is not followed by any other symptoms. It may be considered a simple partial seizure by the doctor.

The middle of the seizure may take several different forms. For people who have warnings, the aura may simply continue or it may turn into a complex partial seizure or a convulsion. For those who do not have a warning, the seizure may continue as a complex partial seizure or it may evolve into a convulsion.

The end to a seizure represents a transition from the seizure back to the individual’s normal state. This period is referred to as the “post-ictal period” (an ictus is a seizure) and signifies the recovery period for the brain. It may last from seconds to minutes to hours, depending on several factors including which part(s) of the brain were affected by the seizure and whether the individual was on anti-seizure medication. If a person has a complex partial seizure or a convulsion, their level of awareness gradually improves during the post-ictal period, much like a person waking up from anesthesia after an operation. There are other symptoms that occur during the post-ictal period and are detailed below.

---------Please note: Below is only a partial list, some people may experience other symptoms not listed below. These lists are meant to help patients communicate with their physicians.------------

-----Early seizure symptoms (warnings)--------

----Sensory/Thought-----
    Deja vu
    Jamais vu
    Smell
    Sound
    Taste
    Visual loss or blurring
    Racing thoughts
    Stomach feelings
    Strange feelings
    Tingling feeling