For as long as I can remember I've suffered constant headaches, depression, social problems, and a slew of other pains and issues that I don't feel like getting into here. I've been to countless doctors and haven't had much luck with any of them. Because they aren't helping, I'm always searching online for something to explain what could be the source of my problems. I just want to try to find some answers so that I can try to finally get the help I've needed for so long.

Anyway, my mom hates when I look online for answers and she thinks that I'm being a hypochondriac when I do. But it's not like I automatically think I have something because it matches one or two symptoms, I'm just doing research to see if it could be a possibility. I've looked into various personality disorders, along with different forms of anxiety and depression and while there were a few that matched a fair amount of my symptoms, none of them really matched enough to the point where I think I actually have them.

This is getting really long because I tend to ramble, but my point is that today I spent at least 4 hours doing research on Aspergers and reading many posts on a related forum, and I actually think I might have found an answer to a lot of my issues. But then I started thinking that with all this research maybe I am just being a hypochondriac after all. I mean surely someone would have noticed by now if I had Aspergers right? I'm 21 by the way. But I don't know. And I can't look at it objectively enough to tell so I'm asking anyone out there who cares to read through this long mess of words that may or may not make sense: Does searching for answers make me a hypochondriac?

Thanks for any replies, it's my first question here and I'm really sorry for the length.