I injured my shoulder on 12/23/08 while hitting a tennis serve. I orignally didn't know that I had hurt the shoulder and I didn't feel any pain while I was playing. I 1st felt the pain when I woke up the next morning and it was quite sore. I have played tennis for 8 years and I hit the ball quite hard. Within the last year I have also played volleyball as a hitter and I play the violin quite often. I am 13yro and i am 5'11 large build and athletic and muscular and i weigh approx. 165lbs. I went to 3 doctors to diagnose my case. My symptoms are that the areas around my AC (Acromioclavicular Joint) are quite painful when i use my arm at all and when I am just standing around doing nothing. During the middle of January, I had a purple and swollen and numb/tingling hand. The feeling is hard to explain but my hand felt dead, and since then I cannot flex my hand and i can squeeze half as hard as my other healthy hand. My MRI was as the doctor said, "Not impressive". He said that my actual shoulder injury didn't need surgery but that i need an EMG because the hand problems and the nerve problems were bothering him. I have been going to physical therapy for about 3 weeks now and it is extremely sore after and it is painful and hard to do while I am there. Do you think that it is TOC? And if you do how long do you think that I will be out of sports? Do you think it will require surgery?