I'm wondering because I've been having some gastrointestinal symptoms (such as mucus in my stool or sometimes mucus w/o stool), gurgling in rectum, acid reflux/gurgling in throat, abdominal cramps, muscle weakness/tingling/cramps, brain fog, hot flashes, chills, looser clothes(but no weight loss. Scale says I gained 2 pounds), low blood pressure, shortness of breath, fatigue, dry eyes, dry mouth, vaginal dryness, etc...Anyway, my GI doctor ran some tests on me and my AGA levels were positive/elevated. But my tTg and stuff was negative. I've heard that they don't really use AGA tests anymore because they're usually inaccurate. My GI doc doesn't think I have celiac. But he thinks I should have an endoscopy and a colonoscopy done. He knows that I have really bad ocd and am paranoid about catching anything from unsterilized tools, so he's not pressuring me into having it done.

Anyway, my family doc, who is also a geneticist and specializes in rare genetic disorders diagnosed my as having

* 11 minutes ago
* - 3 days left to answer.

Additional Details

7 minutes ago
Ehlers danlos syndrome (a rare connective tissue disorder). My WBC count was slightly elevated (10.9) and my blood pressure one time was 108, the next time it was 98, but then just recently I had it checked and it was up to 142. I'm going back to my family doctor on may 1st and I'm going to ask her if I can get a genetic test done for celiac.

My question: Do you have to have a positive HLA DQ2 AND DQ8 gene in order to have celiac? Or can you get celiac without having the gene? Can celiac be caused strictly by enviormental issues like intense stress? (Something I've been under quite a bit lately). Is there anything I should know about genetic testing? Is it always accurate?Thanks!