Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

do the side effects of the medication Depakote really happen?

i just started it last night for my seizures ive had them since i was 13 and im gonna be 21 this year

i was on dialten before but that would only control my grand mal seizures i still would have myoclonic seizures daily at least once a day

so my docotr pretty much mad me go on depakote even when i know the side effects of the medication (hair loss and weight gain) when he told me its either that or having a seizure that could kill you

im really scared because id rather be dead then fat and bald to be honest

so im really asking to ONLY people who know about this medication!!!!!!

do these symptoms happen like for really? and is the wait gain caused by the medication causing hunger or other reasons?
    and how mush wait does it cause you to gain?

and to people who have tooken it before does your hair really fall out like bad or at all?

and to people who dont understand what its like to live with a illness especially one of the brain where your body and survival is functioned by what the medication your on dont even reply because i dont even care what you think because you will never understand how it feels to live with a something wrong with other then being a judgmental

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well i don't take depakote for that reason but i didn't gain any weight & my hair didn't fall out.