I am a Nanny and the 3 year old girl I care for has just been diagnosed with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (Ligamentous Laxity).

I first noticed she was experiencing discomfort over a year ago, and was worried that she appeared to be in pain when walking, especially after prolonged periods of lying, sitting or standing on the Buggy Board. Her legs appeared stiff, her knees looked 'locked' and she didn't walk, run or climb as 'normally' as she should. After a visit from a Health Visitor, she was referred to a physiotherapist, who diagnosed Joint Hypermobility Syndrome.

The child's mother is a vary laid-back lady and is of the opinion that it's not as serious as I thought it was (it took a year to convince her there was a problem to start with) however I am concerned about the Buggy Board, walking home (about 3/4 of a mile) and also of any other things which may make the syndrome worse, if they haven't already.

Are there special precautions I should be taking to ensure I don't make the pain or syndrome worse for the child? If so, any advice would be welcome as I can't seem to find 2 websites that agree with each other!