i am a runner and i have had problems with my shin since my sophomore year. now i am a senior and my shin gives me a lot of problems...

they hurt when i run and when i walk. its especially bad on stairs...
when i went to do the doctor when this first started, they took x-rays, and MRI and found nothing wrong so it was diagnosed as shin splints.

i mentioned having shin problems that have localized to one point on my shin and i feel a bump there. but the doctor just looked at it and said there was nothing wrong. but i'm not very sure (that was last summer for my sports physical)

my coaches are rather convinced taht it may be a stress fracture.
i'm not so sure myself.. i need a second opinion before convince my parents to take me to the doctor's again.

as for now, i have been taken out of two meets for shin problems.

it is not exactly a very sharp pain but it does hurt a lot. and it doesnt hurt all the time although it is very uncomfortable to put weight on it when my foot is flat against the floor. and it also hurts when i try to keep it from any kind of pressure. it comes and goes but generally it hurts when i walk and run. it feels kinda like a burning pain..but not a dull burning..

i have not been running but walking because i wish to still participate in track. but i really need to know if this is a serious problem...
i kinda doubt its a stress fracture after the doctor has says nothing is wrong with it...