I have all of the symptoms, or most. I get depressed a lot of the time without knowing why, and I just know I've had SOMETHING inside of me impairing my life for pretty much the past two years and I've been just trying to tell myself that it's my fault, I guess as a means of trying to justify why it's happened. I've had so many family members be angry at me and accuse me of turning lazy and not caring about school or fixing my life, but the thing is that I never really wanted this to happen. It's like it just did. I didn't ever really have anything happen to me to make me stop caring about school or my life, it's like something inside of me got switched, and I didn't make it do that. I don't know how much of this is psychological, but I really don't think it's my fault, or all my fault. I think it's getting worse. I have such difficulty concentrating on anything now that I can't write anything for school. I can sit for hours just trying my hardest to think of what to write, but I can't focus and nothing takes the shape of words. I feel like I'm never, ever going to graduate. When I felt normal, I didn't stay home so often, felt happier about everything in life, and seemed to do very well in school. This started in grade 11. I'm now on my extra year of high school because of how I didn't ever get any work done in grade 11 and 12, consistently slept in because of anxiety attacks and insomnia, and was unable to have anything completed because of "writer's block". I still have writer's block.

People have been telling me to just change my attitude, and I know inside that I was 100% prepared to fix my school this year. I've sat down every night trying to fix it. I really haven't procrastinated. And yet, the same things are happening to me and nothing is getting fixed. What can a doctor do for me? Should I see a therapist?