History:
Both parents had diabetes (and grand parents)
Gestational with 2 children (well controlled through diet, exercise and Insulin injections)
Diet controlled after the 1st pregnancy (10+ years)
not over weight

I noticed symptoms about 6 weeks ago, started tracking (4x daily) and my sugars were high. I went into internist for blood work. He was surprised that my hba1c was below 7 (6.6). The short term solution was to loose 20 lbs (which would put me smaller than in College 20 years ago), add something for triglycerides (100 point lower than 6 months ago which I dropped it without meds), test every other day and call if I average over 160. Couple weeks later I was averaging 170+ so I call and the nurse said give it 2 more weeks. Now my fasting is averaging 160 and a lot of readings after meals over 200. I have an apt on Dec.1 but I am wondering if it is too long. I am thinking my pancreas is just shutting down and each day I am doing more damage to my body.

While my hba1c is not too high it is on the rise from earlier in the year, triglycerides are down from earlier in the year, I started feeling symptoms (OH how a shot of incline would make me feel better) and I am eating well balanced meals with fruit, veggies and protein. I know I am still at the point of having to re-learn how my body deals with specific foods (started a food journal).

Any suggestions?