My last hour of school is swim tech, a pretty strenuous class where we, obviously, do nothing but intense swim drills all hour. We were doing a lot of "streamlining" drills today, some of which involving keeping one's head above water while keeping their arms in front of them with only rapid kicking keeping them afloat. Afterward, I treaded water for about ten minutes.

I was completely winded once the hour had ended; I was coughing, my throat was burning and my legs felt like rubber. However, I was still able to get to my locker, and collect my homework without any problems. Everything felt normal.

I went with my friend to talk to one of our teachers after I had retrieved my things, and knelt beside my friend's desk as we discussed college options. A very strange thing occurred, however; I suddenly became extremely lightheaded (almost like I was floating out of my body) and my consciousness seemed to become completely paralyzed. I fell to the ground, but "woke up" as soon as I hit it. I never blacked out, but every part of my body (even my face was frozen) were beyond my control.

What happened to me? Why?