Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I gain muscle and not eat like a cow?

I am pretty thin and kind of a hard gainer. Do I have to eat a ton of calories to gain or can I just eat normal and take a longer time to gain. I am fine with gaining a lb a month rather then 3 or 4 like all these weight gain programs talk about. I have been working out for about a year and have gained about 12-15 lbs. I seem to be stuck at 165. Will it work if I just keep eating a good diet and working out 3 times a week? I eat about 4 to 5 small meals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to eat lots of protein and enough carbs/fat to meet the daily requirements. Protein will ensure that any weight you do put on will be muscle and not fat. You can take protein supplements after your workouts to speed the process but do not be excessive as you will wreck your kidneys.

Protein is low in calories and is the building blocks for muscle, so you should be spamming that pretty good. Eat things like turkey/chicken breast and white fish. Also egg whites are good for protein content, but don't eat the yolks because they're crazy high fat.