My dad yesterday had his gallbladder removed by laparoscopic surgery because of formation of gallstones in his bladder. The doctors said its normally 1 to 1.5 hrs long surgery but it took almost 4 hours , because they said my dad's Gbladder was heavily damaged, it had gangrene , formed septic, puss and had stick to other organs besides it. So it took just 3 hours to separate the Gbladder . The doctor said in his 25 yr old career he has never seen Gbladder so severely in bad state and YET the patient was showing no symptons and was perfectly fit and normal till surgery . My dad had just 2 Gbladder attacks one 3 months back for which an doctor gave some medicine and the pain stopped but last month back he again had abdominal pain and then it was diagnosed he was suffering from gallstone problem

now we have send the removed gallbladder(it had gone all blackish and like scars formed on it) as specimen to pathlogy lab for further investigation of the specimen(gbladder).

I was reading about gallstones on net to get more information about his problem and there I read about gallbladder cancer too. I am scared and the reports are coming on 20th oct , is gallbladder gangrene and Gbladder cancer anyway related ?

Btw, he is 57. no other health problems. He is responsding to medicines and communicating well with us after the surgery. A tube from his nose which is gone to his stomach removes an yellow liquid continuously which the nurse said it BILE (it is greenish in colour) and an abdominal drain also used to remove the stuff from the cavity formed after removal of gallbladder though nothing is coming out of it just few red liquid which was just yesterday nothing today, though the greenish bile is continuously coming out.
the doctor said he normally discharged such patients in 3 days and removes the nose pipe in 24 hours but for my dad's case he wants him to be under observation right now for 5 days which can increase too and keep the nose pipe and abdominal drain for 5 days too coz he wants the septic things to come out and said he will be using best medicines and antibiotics