Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can food allergies cause acne?

Can food allergies cause acne and black heads to prolong themselves in a person into their mid twenties?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No. Acne and hives are two different things. Allergic reactions cause whelps or hives only. Acne is an altogether different malady and has to do with many other things: hormones, oils in the skin, etc... The one reason teenagers get acne is because they are young, the pituitary gland is highly active, hormonal changes and stress levels during the fifth stage of Eriksonian development.

As for allergic reactions, they can cause whelps/hives, etc...

As a teenager, I had horrible acne in 8th grade. I'm now thirty-seven, and I don't have acne at all. The big myth: teenagers can use creams and other things to stop normal teenage acne. This is an outright lie. It's just so that companies can sell products to you. However, there are horrible forms of acne that can be medically treated. But, if you have normal teenage acne (zits), you're pretty much stuck with it. It's all about chemistry in young people the majority of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Acne is caused by blockages of the skin pores, which can be influenced by an allergy to a certain food. This would be a rare reaction but it would be like getting acne when you get a cold and your body is stressed. The allergy causes stress on your body, the immune system is taxed and the skin can take longer to repair itself.