Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brain aneurysm or another problem?

Hi, Last month I was hit on the top, left side of my head really hard by a flying electrical plug (this kid was twirling it around...don't ask why), and my head started bleeding. Luckily, it stopped bleeding after 15 minutes when I placed an ice bag on my head, and it eventually left a 1/8 in. deep scar the size of the witdth of a fingernail. Starting this month I experienced things that never happened to me before, like a panic attack without any panic at all (I just woke up from an afternoon nap with a headache and then had an attack, and no, I did not have a nightmare or stress at the time). This week I randomly caught strep throat but I also experienced symptoms that do not usually affect strep throat patients, such as sudden shooting pains and fevers on my skull (especially in the area where I was hit on the head), upper spine, and chest, even after taking tylenol and antibiotics for 4 days. I also continuously have a pulse of 100-120, and it once rose to 145, and I am only a petite 17 year old girl. My recent blood and urine tests are normal, and I'm getting an EKG soon. Can someone, hopefully a professional, tell me if I have an unruptured aneurysm, a brain infection around my cut, or something else? Thanks!

Also, after getting strep throat I also started having joint and muscle pains in my elbows, ankles, knees, arms, and legs, and my neck is a little stiff and painful, but turnable (no meningitis).

Downloads
    Uploads
    brain injury