Why does it seem like nowadays everybody, especially young people, want to be manic-depressive/bipolar? Do they even know exactly what bipolar is and feels like?
Personally, I am not bipolar however I do suffer from major depression, anxiety disorder, and PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder). Those diagnoses could be worst but they are already a burden in my life -- bottom line, I know what it feels like to having to be switched up on meds/SSRI's, sent to the hospital/mental health clinics and be scrutinized by psychiatrists. So, my question is, why do some people want to go through that? Are their lives THAT mundane to the point where they feel a mental illness is gonna spice things up? I mean, think about it. Have you guys noticed the increase of people using "bipolarism" as an excuse for their misconduct or misbehavior? Have you noticed the number of celebs pulling the "bipolar card"? People need to realize that bipolar is S-E-R-I-O-U-S.

Too the first poster...it's so funny you mentioned the "new ADD" because I can recall in high school EVERYBODY talked about ADD. The kids in HS would even lie that they had ADD to get out of penalties for insubordination. LOL! Sad.