...disability...should I apply? I have been a passenger in a few car accidents and I am a caregiver (since my teens), so my back has been over worked. I have also been hit by a truck while walking, which I later became paralyzed while at work some years ago, the paralysis lasted for a few hours. At, that particular time, I was being treated by a doctor.

I have never had any back surgeries, or any surgeries, just the use heat treatment from the car accidents. The problems that I have been having for a few years is a progressive tightening of my back muscles when I stand for more than 30 minutes. If I have to sit or stand still, like standing in line, I try to move some to slower the progression. But, the tightening impairs me from bending, standing or walking. I have asthma, but I have been in remission.

The reason why I have mentioned all of this is that a relative suggested that I apply for SSI (Supplemental Security Income) disability. Do you think that my situation by any shred of could be compelling enough? Could you please also give me some ideas as to why my back stiffens? Or if anyone has heard of this condition like this before?