Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Jen C

Anxiety ~ Doom feeling ~ Something else?

I've had an anxiety disorder for almost 14 yrs, I'm 28, I kind of got a grip on it for a while (a few years, then a couple years went very well)

Suddenly last Oct... I broke out in hives, and my anxiety came back. I've felt this "doom" feeling, a lot of the time. I can't sleep, even when I'm tired.

It feels like I'm not getting enough air, I'll feel sick, I'm losing weight... This feels a little different than the last time I dealt with anxiety. No matter how positive I try to be, nothing seems to help.

I feel like I'm dying, like I've been diagnosed with something fatal... Like something is going to happen (about my life) that I can't handle.

I don't feel like myself And actually, I felt very very very sick just before moving out of my friends house (1.5 yrs) I was in love with him (we've never dated) then suddenly I felt sick around him just before moving out in Nov. The hives happened b4 knowing I was moving

I don't know what caused the anxiety, nothing is working.
    The guy is my bestfriend... I don't want anything to happen to our friendship. The anxiety started before knowing I was moving...

I just can't pin-point the problem, and it's really affecting my life. I was doing SO WELL!! And now this... I'm starting school soon, and want to continue to improve on my life. I feel so physically drained and broken... it's hard to do things.

I also have low-blood pressure. I have to stand up slowly almost every time.

Sometimes my vision is blurred.

She checked my Thyroid and B12, as well as other blood tests (can't remember which) & diabetes.
    She = my doctor lol

Kid
    This is going to sound really corny but you need to find love i have had the same thing happen to me with one of my best friends and as hard as it sounds you need to find someone you can call yours and be happy with there is nothing better than a companion if you cant be with your friend you moved from enjoy life without that person because holding on will not help thats the best i can do i really hope you are ok...just know your are gonna be ok and enjoy life

Downloads
    Uploads
    anxiety disorder. no question about it. good luck

lisa
    That sounds like a nightmare and I'm really sorry you have to go through all this, first of all.

I'm no doctor, but I'd check with one before you do anything else, just to make sure there isn't any health condition that's causing these symptoms. Make sure there isn't anything phsyically wrong with you.

Anxiety disorders can do crazy things to your brain, although usually this only lasts for a small amount of time, during a panic attack or depressive episode, etc. If the doctor says this all comes down to your mental health, then this anxiety disorder is what's doing this to you, and you need help.

Stay strong and talk to the people you love. Can you talk to this friend over the phone without feeling sick? I'd recommend you talk to a phsycologist asap, and get on some medication, and whatever you do, make sure to remind yourself this nightmare isn't a reality. Your brain is playing tricks on you, it's part of the disorder.

Best of luck,
    Mail me if you have more questions.
    ~Lisa