Over the last couple of years I've debated whether I have mental health issues. My days are usually pretty normal and I don't have much trouble functioning. But I know that some of my behaviors are not normal. My biggest issue would have to be my anger. My husband is the only person who really sees my rage from time to time. Once I am upset, there's no stopping me. I have all of this pent up energy inside of me that I don't know how to deal with. These fits usually just include screaming or badgering my husband until it turns into a fight. In the past when it's gotten bad I cry hysterically or I hit things to relieve my anger. Last night my husband and I began to argue and I left the situation as usual, but this time I took a razor blade and cut myself. When I get this way I'm usually not blind to what is going on. I feel bad about the situation, and as it was happening yesterday I didn't want to scream at my husband, I didn't want to put a hole in the wall, I wanted to take care of things myself. The fact that I resorted to that does scare me but since I've done it I can't stop thinking about it. Today I was looking in the mirror, picking out my flaws as usual and I went back to the razor blade. I wasn't hysterical, I was just disgusted with myself.
I've also struggled with over eating in the last 5 years or so. I eat far more than necessary in one sitting or between meals most days. I'm also obsessive when it comes to my body. I do vigorous exercise most days of the week but I'm really hard on myself.
The other thing I've noticed is that I'm very needy sexually. I was a little permiscuous before meeting my husband and I've always had a stronger sexual appetite than my husband. I used to get really upset when he wouldn't be intimate with me. I know he loves me but I needed that closeness to feel appreciated.
I have a really hard time admitting these things to him let alone someone I don't know. I don't want him to think it's a cry for attention. And I feel reluctant to talk to a professional as well. Prescription drugs for depression scare me. Also I would feel silly going to someone. What do I ask for, a checkup?

Overall I really would call myself a happy person. My friends and family would never guess that I have any sort of problem. But when things get bad, they scare me. I guess I would just appreciate an outside opinion. Thanks for taking the time to address my question.