Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Bridget

addicted to food?

I've never really been...BIG, but I'm not totally skinny. I eat a lot, and I always have. I guess I have a little higher than average metabolism because if I didn't I'd be well over 200lb. Right now I'm about 135-138, I don't look to fat, but I do have broad shoulders, I'm tall, and have "minor" lovehandles.I don't eat any real vegetables besiddes fries, which doesnt count. I eat bananas, too many. I only like Junk Food. I can't go a day without it. I've tried attempting anorexia, but it only lasted a few hours, and made me eat more. I don't have a problem with "bigger" people, but I guess I have a choice, and I want to be skinny. Is there any advicer I can have? Or...some kind of help?

kristina
    Well, I, too have a sort of addiction to food. I tend to binge eat, and I'm not too keen on eating vegetables...I like them, but I would much rather have something else. I love food too much to be anorexic and I have this strange inability to throw up, so I of course have always been heavy. At my biggest, I was about 240-250. I am now 180 at 5'9". You're 135ish....I'm sure you look great. My point in posting here was to let you know that you're not alone in your "addiction" and to say that you should be happy with who you are. As long as you exercise, you shouldn't gain weight. Maybe you should try to keep those bad foods out of the house to reduce the temptation. (That helps for me...)

Perhaps there is something that triggers the eating? Are you bored or avoiding something when you reach for the junk food? Addressing that issue in your life may help alleviate the eating.

Hope I helped a bit...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh, i delpt with same exact problem. Get ur mind of eating. NOTE: this may cause outher addiction like me i cant get off my computer but i lost 10lb on my first 4wk's and when i do get hungry i make something little and if i want a snack i eat something healthy like oj'a bna's apl's EXC

Posh
    omg!
    you are exactly like me!
    food= love!
    i tend to eat a lot of sweets at night...
    brush your teeth if you feel like you want to eat.
    that's what I do, the i don't want to eat because it tastes nasty!

i hope this helps...
    =]]

S&NFervor4Ever
    just be happy that you have a good metabolism.. if you're young, it probably wont last. as for being skinny, my husband once made a great point about an ex g/f.. he said when she bent over to try to entice him, he would shudder at how skinny she was. after that, i LOVED having curves!