I'm a 17 year old girl and so far i have been seeing a doctor for abdominal pains that she can't explain. Something you must understand about me. I have a very high pain tolerance so the fact that i was crying because i was in so much pain is what scared my mom. I was wondering if anyone had had similar symptoms and could point me in the right direction.
In February I went into the ER for extreme pain near my diaphragm and a scan was done to check for gaul bladder stones and such. came back negative. i was given morphine at the hospital and after the results came back i was discharged and given Vicadin.
About a month afterwords i woke up in extreme pain but this was a little different. The pain had moved more towards my left. and i was throwing up. Once again i went to the ER and once again they had no idea what was wrong and i ended up discharged with more Vicadin. I went to my doctor for a follow up because unlike last time, the pain didn't subside once i was off the Vicadin. it was thought that it could be some kind of gastric irritation so i was put on a regimen of Previcid which has yet to affect anything.
Another month had gone by and still no change. When the pain hit all i did was ride it out, we knew that all the ER would do is give me morphine and send me home with Vicadin b/c they had no diagnosis. I was in the middle of softball. I missed a couple practices because of this. And after some away games I felt the need to vomit but because i hadn't eaten anything before the game there was nothing to vomit. I also stopped lifting weights because it agitated my condition.
I has now been 3 1/2 months since my pain began. Now it hurts all the time and spikes at random times. I've tried and look for a pattern but i can't find one. it doesn't agitate based on my food consumption, activity, or stress level. Recently I've notice my left side is falling apart. i can't grip thing s as i use too. i can drop something and not even realize it. Also on the left side of my spine in the middle of my back is a cause of pain as well. sometimes it gets so bad that it's difficult to walk.
I have been tested for multiple things including but limited to:
-gual bladder stones
-kidney stones
-mono
-appendicitis
-pancreas

- diabetes
I have had a scan and that came back normal. i have had an extensive amount of blood work done and even had a stool sample sent in to look for a bacterial infection. All negative results. i had an ultrasound done on my left side cause my mom wanted as little radiation as possible. all that did was confirm that i have polycystic ovary syndrome. i have been on medication for that and have been assured that PCOS or the medications could not produce the symptoms i am showing. i even went off the medication as instructed by my doc to see if the medication had anything to do with it but no luck.
I have dealt with this long enough. it is keeping me from truly enjoying life. i still go out with friends on the weekends like any normal teenage girl but for me it hard to enjoy it with pain coursing through my body. my coach was concerned when i didn't eat any dinner at an away game. (trust me, i had an appetite like i always do i was just afraid to put something in my stomach.) i scared some of my teammates who i carpool with after the game and they wanted to take me to the ER cause i was in so much pain and i couldn't hide it.
The assistant jv sball coach pointed i was like one of those people on medical mystery shows. i'm tired of being a medical mystery. I need a point in the right direction.