Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

I cut and bruised my lip and now there's a hard lump inside my lip the size of a

bean. Help!? Three weeks ago, I tripped and cut my lip on the corner of a table. My lip was cut on the inside (by the table) and the outside (by my teeth). I received several stitches inside my lip and on my face. Now, the swelling is gone and the stitches have been removed and there is only a tiny scar on my face. However, there is still a hard knot on the inside of my lip, that’s about the size of a bean. It’s really annoying. When I move my mouth it makes the scar on my face very obvious, and it sticks out a little on my face. It doesn’t hurt, but it’s kinda ugly. And it also catches on my teeth a little bit.

Is the lump just scar tissue that has built up from the injury inside my lip? If it is scar tissue, will it go away in time, and if so, how long? Or could it be something else, like the dissolvable stitches? Do I need to see a plastic surgeon? The original cut has completely healed over, but I’m tempted to grab a razor and cut the lump out myself. Help!

Unregistered
    Don't know if you'll still get this, but dude, same thing has happened to me only I have TWO of the lumps and I was savagely kicked in the face... repeatedly. Probably similar injuries though. Mine still hasn't gone down, it's only two weeks since it happened though.

Let me know if yours has gone!?!
    Thanks.

Unregistered
    i bit my lip 3 days ago after a visit to the dentist, i was injected with novacaine so the dentist could give me a filling afterwards i ate a sandwich while i was still numb apparently i bit my lip during eating and now its a painfull lump on my lower lip kind of reddish with a little bit of white in the middle the 1st day it felt raw what should i do to make it go away? please help...

Unregistered

Same

I Have The same Thing Except Mine Is From A Lip Piercing I Have been Told It Is Just Hardened Scarred Tissue Or Cartilage. And That I's Nothing To Be Concerned With.

Unregistered
    It might be a mucocele. Pretty harmless, and it'll go away on its own most likely. If not, they can be removed by a doctor. Mucocele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unregistered
    If you cut your lip it takes a long time to heal because of bacteria in your mouth. Try rinsing your mouth with listerine a few times a day until it go away.

Unregistered
    dudes that sounds like a mucocele, a non cancerous cyst, get that shit removed. It'll be alright.

Unregistered

do not cut it that will probably just make it worse. Talk to your parents about schedualluing a docters appointment, to have them look at it.

Unregistered

Heart New Bruised lip

I got a bump on my lower lip about 4 wks ago. And it was purple tiny bump. And it looks like a bruise so I poked it and blood just came out and bump went away but like 30 mins later. The bump was there again so it's just blood cloged up. so I left it alone since but still hasn't gone away! Don't know what to do! I put concealed n then lipstick over to hide it because it's noticeable. Really frustrating! I want it to go away! When I stretch my lip you can see it more. It's a hard purple bump. Very small though.

Unregistered
    heyyy, i have cut my lip open 3 times and have 3 bumps, its been 5 years AND THEY ARE STILL HERE. maybe its reduced like a little bit... only in time will it fuk off haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast