Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member angellycka@verizonenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

We just bought a 40" samsung hdtv, samsung hd dvd surround sound & have

dish hd dvr, the surround sound doesnt? work while watching tv only watching dvds. I have the hdmi cable going from the hd dvd durround sound connected to the tv. the tv has 2 hdmi ports and the hd dvr has one also, do I need to connect another hdmi cable from the tv to the hd dvr to hear the tv on the surround sound? please help!! we want to watvh the superbowl with the surround sound!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not use another HDMI cable. Samsung's Home Theaters have no HDMI inputs, only a single HDMI output. To get 5.1 surround sound operational on your Samsung Home Theater while watching a TV channel from the Disk Satellite is going to require another cable. Purchase and install a fiber optic digital audio (TOSlink) cable from the Dish Satellite Receiver to the Samsung Home Theater digital audio input. Do not use the fiber optic output port from the TV as this will only pass 2 channel audio when your TV is using a digital input like the HDMI cable from the Dish receiver.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Run an HDMI from the DVR to the surround sound system and then another HDMI from the surround sound to the TV. You won't get surround sound out of something unless you run it through the surround sound system. If you run the DVR to the TV and then to the surround sound you'll only get 2-channels because your TV can't pass surround sound.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Run an HDMI from the DVR to the surround sound system and then another HDMI from the surround sound to the TV. You won't get surround sound out of something unless you run it through the surround sound system. If you run the DVR to the TV and then to the surround sound you'll only get 2-channels because your TV can't pass surround sound.